Gravity Forms Read Only Perk
The Gravity Forms Read Only Perk allows you to configure applicable form fields to be set to a read only state. Fields set to read only will be visible but not editable. In other words, the user can “read” the field value but can not change the field value. This is useful in situations where you would like to present information to the user without the user being able to modify that data. One such example is a Paragraph field (textarea) populated with your terms of service.
How do I enable this functionality?
The read only setting can be enabled by navigating to the “Perks” tab on an applicable field and checking the “Read Only” checkbox.
Next you will want to specify a default value for this field. To do so, navigate to the field’s “Advanced” tab and find the “Default Value” setting. Enter the desired value or select a merge tag by clicking the “Merge Tags” icon to the right of the field.
Step by Step
Below are step by step instructions for activating this functionality on any form:
- Navigate to the Gravity Forms Form Editor.
- Select the form for which you would like to mark as read only.
- Add any field of a supported field type. All fields are supported except for Drop Downs, Checkboxes, Multi Selects and Radio Buttons.
- Navigate to the Perks settings by clicking on the “Perks” tab.
- Check the “Read Only” checkbox to activate the functionality for this field.
- Navigate to the Advanced settings by clicking the “Advanced” tab.
- Enter the desired value or select a merge tag by clicking the “Merge Tags” icon to the right of the field (available in Gravity Forms v.1.7).
How does it work?